Don't Share Xero Passwords
Sep 30, 2015
Cloud Applications are getting bigger and bigger; and so too is the amount of data they hold; so it’s definitely worth making a conscious effort to control the human element of security around them.
Tropical Business Solutions runs heavily on cloud apps, and we have invested a lot of development in in this space for our clients. So in a world of web based applications like Xero, Workflow Max, ServiceM8, enableHR; how can you ensure that people don’t access them that shouldn’t?
There are a few simple rules to follow;
- Don’t share your account (and passwords) with anyone else – if they need access – setup a new account for them (which you can then delete later if you need too).
- Suspicious emails shouldn’t be opened. If it comes with a .zip file from Xero or the ATO… it’s a trap! (You can read more at this article here). Xero in particular of late has been targeted with malicious emails.
- If a staff member leaves or their roles in the business change, make sure their access is updated accordingly as these changes occur.
- If you are unsure, ask. We’re here to help.
Tropical Cloud: Onelogin
We’re pretty excited to be enhancing our Tropical Cloud soon with another great tool to better control cloud services. With your Tropical Cloud login you will be able to login to Xero, WorkflowMax, even your bank if you wanted too. The benefits are pretty big;
- Login to all your programs (cloud applications or cloud desktop) with a single username and password.
- Control staff accounts – and add or delete all access in one place.
- Audit when and who accesses what applications.
- Much More.
You should hear more from us on this soon, we’re just kicking the tyres to make sure there aren’t any glitches.
If you have any questions on the above, don't hesitate to call 08 8922 0000 or drop a line.
Daniel Ladlow & Sonia Malady
Tropical Business Solutions
Director at Tropical Business Solutions